Our mission is to provide an opportunity for participants to enjoy a fun, respectable and safe playing environment, with the prospect of meeting new people. Organized drop-in is open to UFV students, alumni, faculty and staff. We require that all participants present their UFV Campus Card. All participants will be required to sign a waiver before using UFV athletic facilities.
2018 Tournament Information
UFV Campus Recreation and UFV x BC Club are happy to announce the dates for this years 3rd annual Badminton Tournament
Men’s and Women’s Singles will be Wednesday, February 28, 2018 from 6:30pm-10pm
Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Gender Doubles will be Wednesday, March 14, 2018 from 6:30pm-10pm
To sign-up for either tournament click on the category name above to be redirected to the online form.
Click here for Tournament Rules
Organized Drop-in Badminton Rules
UFV Campus Recreation would like to kindly remind badminton players of the rules on and off court.
1) Please be gentle and respectful to the equipment. Do not squish or step on shuttlecocks. Racquets are fragile and are not to be hit on walls, floor, or with other racquets.
2) Return all shuttlecocks and badminton racquets when finished. Extra equipment replacement costs may be put back on participants.
3) Each badminton game is played up to 21 which is approximately 10 minutes. After completion of the game, please allow other players to play as well.
4) Due to the growing number of players, we will be implementing a turn system. We will have a whiteboard where players can sign up and wait their turn for an open court. Due to volume, we will not be allowing single player games as we want more people to play. We are recommend doubles/mixed games.
6) Please be aware of games that are in progress. At any time, players should NOT walk onto other badminton courts while a game is in session. It is extremely dangerous and you may be hurt by running into another person, or getting hit by the racquet.
7) Please wear footwear appropriate for physical activity. Bare feet and shoes that leave marks are not advised.
8) When leaving, please throw away any garbage and recycle any recyclables you brought along.