Our mission is to provide an opportunity for participants to enjoy a fun, respectable and safe playing environment, with the prospect of meeting new people. Tournaments are open to UFV students, alumni, faculty and staff. We require that all participants present their UFV Campus Card. All participants will be required to sign a waiver before using UFV athletic facilities.
Organized Drop-in Rules
UFV Campus Recreation would like to kindly remind badminton players of the rules on and off court.
1) Please be gentle and respectful to the equipment. Do not squish or step on shuttlecocks. Racquets are fragile and are not to be hit on walls, floor, or with other racquets.
2) Return all shuttlecocks and badminton racquets when finished. Extra equipment replacement costs may be put back on participants.
3) Each badminton game is played up to 21 which is approximately 10 minutes. After completion of the game, please allow other players to play as well.
4) Due to the growing number of players, we will be implementing a turn system. We will have a whiteboard where players can sign up and wait their turn for an open court. Due to volume, we will not be allowing single player games as we want more people to play. We are recommend doubles/mixed games.
6) Please be aware of games that are in progress. At any time, players should NOT walk onto other badminton courts while a game is in session. It is extremely dangerous and you may be hurt by running into another person, or getting hit by the racquet.
7) Please wear footwear appropriate for physical activity. Bare feet and shoes that leave marks are not advised.
8) When leaving, please throw away any garbage and recycle any recyclables you brought along.
We ask that your sign-up in advance for all tournaments to allow us to organize the best possible tournament schedule. Click on the category you would like to sign-up for.
All player are expected to read and follow the UFV Tournament Rules 2017