Welcome to Personal Training at UFV. All of our Personal Trainers are Certified Personal Trainers with a minimum of 2 years of full-time study in coursework related to exercise science from an accredited post-secondary institution, often UFV. Their approach to personal training is a whole person approach looking at it as an integrated system and are concerned with your activities of daily living as well as physical performance.
On your initial visit they will look at your current exercise status and the reasons that bring you here, as well as your fitness and health goals. Appointments include a combination of exercise, focusing on cardiovascular and muscular fitness and other techniques to keep you successful in your quest for good health.
Initial Training Package – Fitness 101
Get a personalized workout at an affordable price. Two session, first one hour session to review health history, perform initial physical assessment, and set clear and realistic fitness goals. Second session one hour session to go over individualized workout plan with exercise demonstration.
Number of sessions: Two sessions each 1 hour long
Price: $65 – Student $75 – Employee
“The Fitness Challenge” Packages
This 12 week program is an exciting new way to help you meet your fitness goals in a fun and dynamic way. Working with one of our certified personal trainers will provide you with ongoing motivation and leadership to get you the results you are looking for.
What you will get in this package:
- One hour consultation to discuss your goals and previous exercise history.
- Subsequent one hour personal training sessions with and individualized workout plans and proper technique demonstration. These sessions will change systematically adjusting intensity, volume and type of exercises at week one, five and nine.
- 12th and final week a before and after comparison of your fitness accomplishments
Number of sessions: Five sessions each 1 hour long
Introductory Price: $145 – Student $155 – Employee
Have you already met with a UFV Trainer for an Initial Training package or would like to extend your “Fitness Challenge” package? No Problem! To book subsequent visits with your trainer please register again through the Personal Training Registration Form below.
Length of sessions: 1 hour per subsequent visit
Introductory Price: $35 – Student $55 – Employee
Prices include applicable tax
*A Student Activity Centre membership is not required for personal training sessions; however you can only use the fitness facilities when working with your trainer
To registration for personal training sessions please fill out the online Personal Training Registration form or you can phone 604-504-7441 ext. 5111. Once the registration form has been filled in you will be contacted within 2 business days. Arrangements will be made regarding payment and other forms your Trainer requires you to fill in. Payment will not be excepted until after you have been contacted.
The Important Information:
1. All personal training appointments must be paid for in person at E150 prior to the start of your first training session. You will be contacted to come in to make payment in person.
2. All forms must be submitted 24 hours before your first training session (sent via email):
- Personal Training Registration and Questionnaire form (on MyCampusLife)
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q+)
- UFV Facility Waiver or Informed Consent
- CESP Consent form
3. Wear comfortable clothing for exercise (e.g., shorts, t-shirt and running shoes)
4. Avoid smoking, eating or drink caffeinated liquids (e.g., coffee, tea, cola or chocolate) within 2 hours of your appointment. A light snack is fine.
5. Do not drink alcohol (e.g., beer, wine or liquor) within 6 hours of your appointment.
6. Do not engage in strenuous exercise within 6 hours of your appointment.
7. Bring your planner or organizer so you can setup subsequent appointments with your trainer.
8. Please be on time for your sessions. If you are late, you will be trained only for the remainder of your scheduled training hour. If you are more than 20 minutes late, for the session could be canceled and the client will forfeit their fees. If your trainer is more than 10 minutes late, you will receive a complimentary hour of training
9. If for any reason you need to cancel your Personal Training appointment we require 24-hour notice. Failure to give notice in the required time may result in forfeited fees.