What is it?
A 10 week challenge focusing on recreation, engagement, awareness, community and health!
Our goal is to promote events happening on campus to encourage student involvement & wellness. By participating in designated REACH @UFVRec events you will have the opportunity to win prizes!!
There are many prize opportunities, big and small. The more events you attend, the greater your chance of
winning. Start at any time during the semester and you will still have many opportunities to win!
Prizes You Say?
That’s right, prizes! We’re giving them away by the bucket-load. Prizes will be awarded in several ways:
- BLOCK LEADERS: At the beginning of each challenge block, we will send out an informative email detailing how many events you need to attend to be entered into the prize pool (usually 3-5). Students who meet the minimum level of participation (ie. 5 events over a three week period) will be entered into the prize draw. All you have to do is show up at events, and fill out the form to self-report your attendance at the end of the block. All forms will be posted on myCampusLife, and an email reminder will be sent out prior to the draw date.
- RANDOM GIVEAWAYS: You just never know which event will have a giveaway. for these prizes, all you have to do is come to the event, and enter by putting your name in a ballot box. A winner will be selected right at the event!
- GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Each of the 5 challenge blocks will have a grand prize. These will be awarded to the student with the most participation over the course of one challenge block. There will also be a grand prize for the student who has the highest involvement over the entire 10 week challenge.
- OTHER WINNERS: Select events participating in the REACH @UFVRec challenge will be giving away their own prizes at events.
What Can I Win?
Our prizes come in many shapes and sizes. Gift cards, 1-3 month gym memberships, a free semester parking pass, Cascades swag, etc.
So far we have over 75 prizes to give away, with individual prizes up to $230 in value.
How Do I Earn Points?
Simply scan your student card with one of our volunteers at any of the events included in the challenge. To find out what events are included, check out our webpage, social media, or email (after you have signed up for our email list), or the Campus Recreation myCampusLife page. Every 2-3 weeks, we will post an up-to-date schedule of events for the next section of the challenge.
Here is the challenge block breakdown:
Block 1 (September 18-30)- Physical Wellness
Block 2 (October 1-21)- Emotional & Environmental Wellness
Block 3 (October 22- November 11)- Social & Occupational Wellness
Block 4 (November 12-25)- Intellectual Wellness
Block 5 (November 26- December 2)- Bonus Challenge Week/ Spiritual Wellness
Each challenge block is like a small challenge in itself. Each will have it’s own grand prize winner, and different events that follow the block theme(s). After a block is finished, you will have a week to go online and self-report your attendance through myCampusLife. On myCampusLife: Go to the Campus Recreation organization. If you have not already joined, join the organization. Scroll down the home page until you see “Forms”. Click on the from that says “CHALLENGE WEEK _” and fill out the form as accurately as possible based off your event attendance over the 2-3 weeks prior.
How do I Sign Up for Prizes?
Log on to myCampusLife (ufv.campuslabs.ca/engage/)and join the Campus Recreation organization. Fill out the REACH@UFVRec registration form in the “Forms” section. Sometimes there is some lag time between signing up and the form becoming available. If you do not see the form, wait five minutes, refresh your page, and try again.
Need more help? Email email@example.com
What Are the Dimensions of Wellness?
This is not just a fitness challenge. The goal of the UFV Wellness Challenge is to challenge all aspects of your wellness: physical, emotional, social, occupational, environmental, spiritual and intellectual. Students will be entered into draws for prizes based on their level of involvement.
So perhaps you are wondering how you can improve your wellness at UFV? Head over to myCampusLife and check out all of the events we have happening on campus!
Congrats to Our Block 1 Winners!
Grand Prize Winner: $150 Kintec Voucher: Viratika
- Portable phone battery charger: Marlena
- UFV Hoodies: Brenna & Laurens
- Lepp’s Gift card: Melanie
- Sweat Towel: Julianne
- One month Membership to Oxygen Yoga & Fitness: Sydney
- 4 WWE Live Tickets: Arjun & Pardip
- 1 week Pass to Abby Yoga: Maaria
- 5 class pass to Abby Yoga: Harla
Congrats to Our Block 2 Winners!
Grand Prize Winner: $150 Kintec Voucher: Marlena
- UFV Personal Training: Marlene (staff)
- Get Air Prize Basket: Brenna
- Hoodie: Julianne
- Free oil change: Victoria
- Free week at Oxygen Yoga & Fitness: Ashley
- Stainless steel water bottle: Viratika
- Journal: Taylor-Ann
- Journal: Alycia
A Big Thank-You To Some of Our Community Donors!
Kintec Footwear + Orthotics, Abbotsford Canadian Tire, Studio B Yoga, Oxygen Yoga & Fitness in Abbotsford and Chilliwack, Cabela’s, Tha Realm Studio, Branded Athletics,Club 16, Abby Yoga, the Coast Capital Savings Peer Leadership and Resource Center, Great Canadian Oil Change and Abbotsford Center!